Wednesday, March 30, 2011

no sushi, rare beef or runny eggs...

My brain! Where's my brain?!  I find myself having arrived at work, but cannot recall the drive at all, that is actually kind of scary.  I walk out to the laundry room without first getting the clothes to put in the washer.  I noticed Neil had parked differently in the drive way yesterday, but failed to notice the new basketball goal he put up(I had requested a new one, there is something about Spring that makes me wanna play).  I trust my brain will return to me shortly, for now it's just in hiding. 


We had an appointment with the dietition today, no sushi, rare beef or runny eggs for Neil!  He told the lady that was worse than hearing he would have to undergo chemo, with a chuckle of course.  The tonsilectomy put a halt to eating for him, I think we bought every can of mushroom soup that Wal-Mart had!  Between that and now having to have teeth pulled before chemo he is well on his way to losing that 15 pounds he wanted off.  Neil and I have decided to keep our wicked sense of humour about us throughout this fight.


I am just amazed by the people that we surround ourselves with on a daily basis.  Our friends and family are really rallying behind us right now and I know they will be there giving my family the push it needs to carry through this.  Let me just say this, if you ever have the opportunity to become involved with a YMCA, do it!  Do it for yourself and do it for others.  My Y is part of my family and we all benefit from it each day.  I cannot even describe how incredible Neil's work family is, but I will say this....thank you with my deepest sincerity for everything that you have done and are doing for our family.


Neil told me the other day that he is looking at this as a gift and this is going to bring about needed changes in him.  I have been thinking about this and he is right(naturally...lol), in alot of ways this is a second chance, to one up ourselves in daily life.  We are going to hang out with cancer survivors on Sunday at a Relay for Life event and this is just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment