Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Getting a grip...

Hello all!  Why is Grace getting more sick now than she has all Winter long?  The last two times I wanted to take a day off, she has gotten sick the night before...no fair!  Wow, now let me step back and think about this.  Do you ever find yourself thinking you get aggravated over the most futile things, it really doesn't make sense when there are much bigger things in life to deal with.  I can tell you that since Neil's diagnosis I have shrugged my shoulders more times than I can count.  It's not a point of not caring about a certain thing or specific someone, its realizing I can say "oh well" and it really makes no difference. They say "don't sweat the small stuff", and its so true.  I hate to even sound so cliche, but really some of the aggravations that we allow ourselves to obsess over are senseless.  I really don't think its about being positive or negative, for me it comes down to knowing that things could always be worse.  Think about it, I got aggravated because Grace had a virus and screwed up my day off.  How many of us know a mom that has a child battling a disease or a mom that has a handicapped child?  I am getting a grip and realizing my life is better, better than alot of others and even those people think they have it good compared to some other people.  End rant...

Now lets get down to the good stuff.  Neil sleeps alot, eats very little, drinks very little, and his activitiy level is limited, but he is doing WELL.  I am so proud of him for remaining strong willed and stubborn, he is gonna fight this thing and drive me crazy in the process, but guess what, things could be worse!  He thinks he is so sneaky, he waits till I leave for work and kicks into overdrive cleaning the house and running errands.  I called the other day from work telling him I was thinking about staying and he told me "well your just gonna get mad at me if you come home", he was correct. I can tell he cleans the house, I know he scooped the litter cause I am pretty sure that 3 cats poop more than once in 3 days, ha!  I will tell you that I know when he has done more than he probably should have when he falls asleep and does not wake up at my slightest movement.  He told me today that he has worked for over 20 years non-stop with very few vacations(man do I know this) and he is bored outta his mind.  I don't mind his ocd right now, everywhere I look things are getting organized, its nice! 

I want to apologize to a few people that are offering us so much at this time...
Mr. Jason M., you are a wonderful ,generous person and I will call you in the middle of the night next time Neil needs to go to the hospital even if he wants to drive himself!
Mrs. Susan and Mrs. Vicki, I apologize for not calling you ladies to come and watch Grace in the middle of the night when Neil needed to go to the hospital, please know that we know how sincere your words are and that they come from your hearts.  I will not ever worry about being bothersome during this ordeal again.

Final Note
Thank you cancer for opening up our eyes, minds, spirits, and our hearts in ways that we never knew and some that we may have just forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment